Tuesday, April 17, 2012

When I was a little girl I loved to visit my Grampa's house. There were snow globes in the dining room and no one worried I might break them when I tipped them over and over to see the snow fall. I was sure there was magic waiting for me in the yard somewhere, if I could manage to turn just the right corner at just the right time. And best of all was Grampa's candy. A little box balanced on a picture rail. Chewy red candy that stuck in my teeth, handed out one piece at a time.

Imagine my surprise when I realized those delicious candies were actually cough drops. Pine Brothers Softish Throat Drops in Wild Cherry flavor, to be exact. And imagine my excitement when I found that they are now being sold again.

I haven't ordered any, though. I'm a little nervous that the memory might be sweeter than the drop.

No comments: