Wednesday, May 25, 2011

That honey is SO GOOD. It's making me even more excited to taste some of the other things from our yard. So far this year we've harvested maple syrup, honey, and chives.


We have quite a lot to look forward to. Soon there will be strawberries from the hundreds of crowns Dagny and I planted this Spring and last.



Loads of garlic, of course.


And blueberries, assuming the critters will share. My plan of attack was to plant so many bushes there's no way the humans, birds, and animals competing for the berries could ever eat them all. Time will tell whether I should have bettered my odds with a BB gun, as Jon suggests.

(Do you see the ant?)

Peaches, pears, plums, apples, almonds, kiwi, asparagus, rhubarb, onions, kale, lettuce, basil, thyme, rosemary, lavender, watermelon, eggplant, summer squash, zucchini, scallions, tomatoes, jalapenos - all growing in exchange for some dirty, heavy, grateful-making work.

No comments: