Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Today I made peanut butter bars so that when Rowan quotes FredFredBurger ("Sometimes my mommy makes me chocolate chip cookies and sometimes she makes me peanut butter bars and sometimes she doesn't make me anything at all. Yes. Chocolate chip is my favorite. Yes.") it'll be true.

Peanut Butter Bars

1 stick butter + 1/2 stick butter
1 3/4 cups confectioner's sugar
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (very fine)
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Line a square pan for easy removal.

Melt 1 stick of butter over low heat. Remove from heat and add sugar, peanut butter, and crumbs.

Stir until smooth, then spread in pan.

In same pot, melt 1/2 stick butter. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted.

Spread over peanut butter mixture.

Cool in refrigerator for 45 minutes.

Store in refrigerator.

We think the proportions are a bit off, and plan to add more chocolate next time - probably an additional 1/4 cup or so.

No comments: