Friday, January 16, 2009

I have a big folder of recipes to try. Today Dagny seemed in need of some chocolate, so I pulled out one I've been saving since last August, when someone sent it to the Live and Learn Conference yahoo group. Apparently it comes from the Sweet Potato Queens, who I am not familiar with, but hey look, through the magic of technology, here's a site. Gotta love the intornets.

After eating it, Dagny said she felt like a person who had been denied food for her whole life and was finally given some. Well, then.

Chocolate Stuff

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter
2 heaping tablespoons Hershey's cocoa powder
1 running-over teaspoon vanilla

Preheat the oven to 300.
Beat the eggs. Add sugar, flour, and salt.
In another bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Add the cocoa.

Add the butter/cocoa to the other ingredients and mix well.
Add the vanilla.

Pour the mixture into a loaf pan, place the pan in another pan with an inch or so of water in it, and put the whole thing in the oven.

Cook for 40-50 minutes, or until the top feels crunchy. Don't overcook - you want the top to be crunchy but the rest of it to be gooey goodness.

I think it would be amazing on ice cream, but Dagny says it's perfect straight. Either way, if you're making it for more than 3-4 people, I'd double the recipe.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I've given you an award. You can find it over at my blog.