Friday, January 12, 2007

Dagny showed me how to crochet last September. I love it. Unfortunately my hands aren't such big fans of it lately and I can only manage a row or two before the pain overshadows the enjoyment. It's a bit frustrating to have to go so much slower than I used to, but I'm noticing that I'm paying a lot more attention to how the yarn looks and feels, which is cool.

I've been working on this blanket for a while. It's the first thing I've ever made with the intention of keeping it for myself. It's soft and warm and colorful, and I'm really enjoying the thought of it being mine.





Luckily, when my mind's feeling crafty and my body's not I can go look at pretty things that other people are making here and here and here, and soothe myself by imagining that no one will buy this quilt so I can someday snatch it up for myself.

No comments: