Saturday, April 28, 2012

I posted the other day what's to the left when you walk in our house.

(photo by Dagny)

Here's what's to the right.


The door on the left is a coat closet. The door on the right leads to our craft room. Rather than leave the walls bare, I decided to create a little nook to play in.

On one side, there's a geoboard wall, two geoboards wide and seven tall. Some of the boards have a square pattern of pegs and some a circular.


It was inspired by the geoboard wall at a local children's museum, where Rowan and I spent hours and hours stretching elastics while Dagny explored.

On the other side is a giant magnetic chalkboard.


I had to apply layer after layer of the magnetic paint to get even the lightest of magnets to stick, but the board has been in use for years, so I'd say it was worth it.

The cans, which are quart-sized paint cans covered in patterned paper, contain chalk, elastics, and magnets.



Oh, and the answer to my question? (This time, anyway...)



Only took him about 2 minutes to notice it. He's a keeper.

No comments: