Sunday, November 09, 2008

Make these:

1 2/3 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chopped unpeeled apples (1-2) (I peeled mine)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs

topping
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon

(I didn't measure but I'd guess I used a bit more cinnamon and sugar than that.)

Preheat oven to 180C. (350F)


Mix all dry ingredients, except topping, in a large bowl.


In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients.


Combine ingredients.


Scoop into a muffin pan.


Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle on top. You may wish to place sliced apples on top of the batter. (Do - it looks pretty.)


Bake for 35 - 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Mine were ready in more like 30 minutes.)


Yield: about 10 muffins


I saved the recipe but not the site, so I can't give credit for the recipe, but I'm hoping whoever it was wouldn't mind me putting it here and saying it makes for a very yummy breakfast.

No comments: